Cedar Waxwing

I think Waxwings are beautiful birds. I have never seen a Bohemian Waxwing, but every time I see a Cedar Waxwing I have to stop, stare and just soak up their look. With their smooth appearance, the black bandit mask, crest and that little bit of yellow on the end of their tail, they look more like some artist's creation than just another bird.

A few Sundays back, Tammy and I checked out a local park called Deep Bottom Park (pdf) just to see how developed it was. It is primarily a boat launch. Other than one very short trail, there is really not much there. We did check out the trail and were pleased to discover a flock of Cedar Waxwings in the trees eating some kind of berry (maybe wild grapes?). They ate berries and were happy. We took pictures and were happy. We all were happy.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing

No comments: