Imperial Moth

I was just too curious. So, after several searches (starting with the search phrase "giant yellow pink moth") I ended up coming the conclusion that my previous post was a picture of an Imperial Moth.

Follow the link. It will take you to a wikipedia entry for this moth, and you will read one of Rich's favorite phrases that he has ever heard Todd say: "Sexual dimorphism". This is just fancy scientist talk for "girls look different than guys". I used that phrase one day when talking to Rich about some species of bird. It was an attempt to make Rich think that I was smart because at the time I really did not know anything about that species of bird.

Because of the wonders of sexual dimorphism (and the Internet), I think it is safe to conclude that the moth in my previous post is a female Imperial Moth.

No comments: