Balancing Act

I have just about reached the end of the photos from my July visit to DGCA that I wanted to share here. I have noticed that my visits to DGCA in the warmer months tend to follow this pattern: walk the river trail to where the boardwalk used to be, turn around and return to my vehicle, and then drive further into the park to visit one or both of the marsh overlooks. That visit to the marsh overlooks is where I usually get my last pictures of the day, and there are always turtles. Yep, today is all about turtles.

The turtle that caught my eye is the one doing the stretch-my-arms-and-legs thing on the log. He is laying there on that log, all splayed out and relaxed in the hot sun. It looks to me like he has balanced the bottom of his shell on the log and is sitting there like a perfectly balanced seesaw. One sneeze and he would flip over backwards into the green muck.

Balancing Act
Balancing Act

No comments: