Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

Way back in September, before the trip to Yellowstone, I took advantage of the Labor Day holiday and visited Hog Island Wildlife Management Area. I was partly interested in seeing what birds might be seen, partly interested in getting a good photograph or two and partly interested in just getting outside and enjoying the peace of a nearly deserted park.

I was not disappointed. There were birds to be seen, a few of which got photographed, and it was a nice, quiet trip to a beautiful park. While I don't have a photograph that I can share to prove that the park was nice, or that it was mostly human free, I do have a picture of a bird. In this case it is a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. The photos are a tad backlit, but the bird still has enough contrast to be clear and identifiable.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

No comments: