Snake River

A couple posts back, I talked about the mountains of Grand Teton National Park. One of the other prominent features of the park is the Snake River. The Snake River originates in Yellowstone National Park, and flows south into Grand Teton National Park before turning west towards its eventual consumption by the Columbia River. It is a giant river system, with numerous dams constructed on it (I counted at least 20 when I read the Wikipedia page) to provide navigation, irrigation and electricity.

Here are two photos that include the Snake River as part of the scenery. These may be repeats from the Blog Action Day post, but since they were not previously described as pictures of the Snake River, I figured it was okay to show them again. On another note, I think I have reached the end of my posts about the recent trip to Yellowstone. My next post should jump back to things closer to home.

Snake River
Snake River and Tetons

No comments: