Bald Eagle

After my stay in Virginia Beach, I headed up the coast for a stay in the little town of Chincoteague, and the chance to bird Chincoteague NWR. The days were gray and overcast, so I did not really get many memorable photographs, but at least it did not rain. And yes, there were some birds to be seen as well. For example, a pair of Bald Eagles.

As I was driving through the NWR on the road towards Tom's Cove and the beach, I noticed a Bald Eagle standing in the little bit of water that remained in the marsh. To me, this was a fairly odd place to see a Bald Eagle (not odd to see one at Chincoteague in general, but odd to see one standing in water). I watched for a bit, took the blurry picture below (sigh), and then watched as the bird flew up into a nearby stand of pine trees. That is when I noticed the second eagle (and took the second photo). They make a nice couple.

Bald Eagle
Bald Eagle Pair

No comments: