Marbled Murrelet

While the boat cruised through the waters south of Seward, I saw Murrelets on several occasions. I tried to take photos of most of them, figuring that I could identify them later when I reviewed what my camera captured. But Murrelets are like little toys bobbing and diving in a giant bathtub. They are small birds. And on this day usually far away. When they were not so far, they would quickly dive under the waves as the boat approached. Despite my photos, most of the Murrelets went unidentified. I assume that they were Marbled Murrelets, but I really do not know.

The trio of photos below are three of the better photos that I managed to get. Of course, "better" does not mean "good". The focus on these is very soft. I can tell that the subjects really are Marbled Murrelets, so I guess the photos are not too soft, but I still wish I could have gotten better captures.

Marbled Murrelet


Marbled Murrelet


Marbled Murrelet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice images Todd.

I can see that your template here allows for slightly larger pictures. You post slight larger pics and use the html mode when you are composing and change the s400 to something lke s500 or s600 and see how it looks.