Weird Building

About halfway through the hike at Ragged Mountain Natural Area, the trail crosses a dam between two sections of the reservoir. On the right side of the dam, there was this stone column with an old building sitting directly atop it. This building had windows, but they were boarded up. There was no way to get to the building unless you wanted to get wet and then climb. I poked around on the web, but could find nothing that described the purpose of this structure. It was kind of surreal, and I joked with Tammy that someone was in the building, peeking out at us through the gaps in the boards.

I did think that there might be some avian residents in that building, but the only birds I saw were two Eastern Phoebe perched in the foliage that was growing on the side of the stone column. Then one of the pair decided that I needed some good pictures, so it flew towards Tammy and I, landed on a sign that was just a few feet away and graciously waited for me to take pictures.

Weird Building
Eastern Phoebe
Eastern Phoebe

No comments: