Mister Mantis Says Safe Travels

With a wink and a nod, this Praying Mantis seems to be wishing Tammy and I safe travels. We depart this morning for Yellowstone National Park, via Salt Lake City and a nice Sunday drive. The weather in Yellowstone appears to be a bit sketchy this coming week, with highs in the 50s on the "warm" days. There is a chance of rain every day we will be there, and even a few mentions of snow showers.

But I don't care about cool, wet weather. Tammy and I have the appropriate clothes for that. I am looking forward to grand views, large mammals that do not want to play with us, maybe a few birds, geothermal features, and waterfalls. Of course, I will be attempting to take a lot of pictures (weather permitting), and posting the good or interesting ones in this blog as quickly as my fatigue and Internet connection allow.

Regarding Mister Mantis, he was found in Tammy's backyard a few weeks back. I am not sure whether his eyes are normal (his left "pupil" appears to be much smaller than his right "pupil"), or if he has some type of abnormality.

Praying Mantis

No comments: